Friday, May 4, 2012

Italian Beef Sandwiches

Italian Beef Sandwiches were introduced to me when I moved to Chicago. Something about the warm beef, cheese, and Italian bread just screams Midwest. What's great about this recipe is that you make it in the crock pot. I love crock pot meals! Well, the crock pot thing still makes me nervous and I often envision coming home to a burned down apartment, but that has never actually happened. Instead I walk in to the most amazing smell ever and it takes all the will power I have to not eat dinner immediately and instead wait for my husband to get home too.

This particular recipe comes from my sister and it is awesome!

Italian Beef Sandwiches 
1 package chuck tender roast (this time we used about 3 lbs)
1 packet Good Seasons dry Italian salad dressing
1 jar sliced pepperoncinis with juice
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 12 oz can beer (I had Coors Light in the fridge)
1 package Italian rolls
Sliced provolone cheese
Giardiniera (hot or mild)

Put the first five ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. The meat should fall apart and shred easily.

I like to toast the bread with provolone cheese and then top with meat and giardiniera, but you can assemble the sandwich any way you like! This also makes a ton of leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment