Sunday, March 4, 2012

Banana Bread

When I was growing up, if we had some bananas on the counter that started to brown, my mom would make banana bread for us. I started to do the same thing in college. One of my roommates liked my banana bread so much that she would intentionally let her bananas turn brown so I would make some. This is a recipe I got from my mom years ago. Tried and true.

You can put the brown bananas in the freezer and just thaw them out when you're ready to bake.

Banana Bread
1/2 c shortening, I usually use butter (softened)
1 c sugar
2-3 mashed bananas
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c milk
Pinch of salt
1 t baking soda
2 c flour

Preheat oven to 325.
Cream together butter and sugar. Mix in bananas, eggs, and milk. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix. Pour the batter into a greased 8x8 pan. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment