Sunday, March 25, 2012

Peanut Butter Waffles

I'm not a big breakfast person, I usually have to force myself to eat something in the morning to get going.  But every once in a while I love a real, traditional breakfast. This was one of those mornings. After a nice morning run we came home and made these awesome peanut butter waffles. I wanted to try something a little different with our waffles this morning.  We adapted this recipe, found here.

Peanut Butter Waffles
3/4 c whole-wheat flour
3/4 c all purpose flour
3/4 c oatmeal flour
4 t baking powder
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 T sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/4 c whole milk
1/4 c vegetable oil
1/4 t kosher salt
Cooking spray or melted butter

Combine the first 8 ingredients and mix with an electric mixer or hand mixer. Preheat a waffle iron. When it is hot, spray its surface lightly with cooking spray or brush it with butter. Fill a 1/2 measuring cup with batter and pour it onto the waffle iron. Cook until the waffle is golden brown. Serve hot with maple syrup or your favorite waffle toppings.

To make your own oatmeal flour, just grind whole oats in a coffee grinder or food processor.

I topped part of my waffle with maple syrup, and part with Trader Joe's cocoa almond spread. I love this stuff. It's Nutella for those of us who don't like hazelnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment